About Impact Justice
Impact Justice is a national innovation and research center that is committed to reducing the number of people involved in our juvenile and adult criminal justice system, improving conditions for those who remain incarcerated, providing meaningful opportunities for success for those rejoining our communities and improving justice outcomes for crime victims. Impact Justice is working with bipartisan support to reduce our nation’s over-reliance on incarceration, with research, evaluations, technical assistance, policy work and the use of innovation and experimentation.
Please see our website at https://impactjustice.org/ for more information.
The Job/Summary Position Description
Impact Justice is seeking a rising Senior Accountant to join our rapidly growing organization. This newly created, hands-on role will perform general accounting duties, monthly reporting, and improve processes and procedures as the organization enters its next stage of growth. A major emphasis of this position is to maintain the accounting systems to track and allocate expenditures for federal, state, local and foundation grants, for reimbursement and to fulfill pre and post grant reporting requirements, as well as to manage governmental fiscal audits as well as our organization’s external audit. This a full-time position located in Oakland, California and reports to the Associate Director of Finance.
- Prepare labor and expense allocation schedules for multiple programs / funding sources
- Verify, allocate and record transactions in the general ledger
- Review and post all journal entries for monthly close
- Reconcile account balances monthly
- Reconcile multiple bank accounts monthly
- Perform month-end and year-end close process
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly / quarterly financial reports – balance sheet, cash flow and income statement
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Lead the annual external audit process
- Manage governmental audits and subrecipient monitorings
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles, OMB uniform guidance, and other funder requirements
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 4 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA a plus. Must be familiar with government online systems, federal reporting, OMB uniform guidance as well as OMB single audits.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with financial systems (NetSuite a plus), Google docs and Excel required
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
Compensation and Benefits
- $70,000 – $75,000
- Generous benefits package, including medical, dental, FSA plans, and 401k
- Generous vacation and wellness leave
- Flexible work environment
How to Apply
Along with your resume, please feel free to submit a cover letter (welcome, though optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Impact Justice provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, criminal history, or disability. We work closely with communities of color, the lesbian, gay, bisexual, questioning, gender nonconforming, and transgender communities, the formerly incarcerated, and former foster youth. Those with lived experience in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.