About Impact Justice
Impact Justice is a national innovation and research center that is committed to reducing the number of people involved in our juvenile and adult criminal justice system, improving conditions for those who remain incarcerated, providing meaningful opportunities for success for those rejoining our communities, and improving justice outcomes for crime victims. Impact Justice is working with bipartisan support to reduce our nation’s over-reliance on incarceration, with research, evaluations, technical assistance, policy work, and the use of innovation and experimentation.
Please see our website at https://impactjustice.org/ for more information.
The Job/Summary Position Description
Impact Justice is seeking a Program Associate to join our DC-based team. This position will support the operations and resource management division of Impact Justice’s PREA portfolio, including the National PREA Resource Center (PRC), the Site-Based PREA Implementation Support Program, and the PREA Targeted Implementation Planning and Support (PREA TIPS) Program. Each program is funded through a cooperative agreement with the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), at the Department of Justice (DOJ) and support ongoing work to implement the National Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Standards and reduce sexual abuse in confinement settings. The successful candidate will be a problem-solver who is detail-oriented, has strong communication skills, and is able to manage multiple moving pieces and tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assists with communications functions such as compiling and disseminating news clips, drafting and sending newsletters to the PRC listserv, making routine website updates and monitoring the website for content refresh opportunities, design and formatting, and quality control.
- Assists with budget and finance functions such as invoice review and coding expenses, tracking budget approvals and revisions, and maintaining task-based budgets.
- Supports hiring processes, including preparing job postings, assisting with application screenings, coordinating application reviews and interviews, tracking candidate communications and statuses, seeking appropriate approvals, and managing the onboarding process.
- Supports activity tracking and reporting efforts (internal, external, and to BJA) across the PREA portfolio.
- Assists with workplace operations in Impact Justice’s Washington, DC Office including: general office management and clerical duties such as ordering supplies, scheduling meetings, liaising with building management, office technology support, and updating/maintaining office policies.
- Four years of professional training/education and/or closely-related experience.
- One year of work experience demonstrating:
- Communication: strong verbal and written communication skills that support effective interactions with members of DOJ’s PREA Management Office and staff of the PREA team, as well as corrections, detention, and law enforcement personnel, DOJ-certified PREA auditors, and other stakeholders.
- Time management: strong personal time management skills and ability to manage and prioritize many tasks across multiple focus areas and working with multiple team members. Demonstrated track record of completed assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Problem solving skills: You take a solutions-oriented approach to solving problems in an innovative way, taking thought to operational considerations.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Communications and/or design experience is a plus, but not required.
- Proficiency in either Windows or Apple operating systems.
- Proficiency in Google Suite (e.g., Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) and Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
The salary range for this position is between $52,000 to $58,000. Impact Justice offers a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, FSA plans, vacation, and 401k.
Applicants must submit a current and relevant resume as well as a cover letter that addresses their specific interest in and suitability for the position. Application materials must be sent to PAOps@impactjustice.org.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Impact Justice provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, criminal history, or disability. We work closely with communities of color, the lesbian, gay, bisexual, questioning, gender nonconforming, and transgender communities, the formerly incarcerated, and former foster youth. Those with lived experience in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.