About Impact Justice
Impact Justice is a national innovation and research center advancing new ideas and solutions for justice reform. We work to dramatically reduce the massive number of youth and adults in our justice system, improve conditions and outcomes for those who are incarcerated, and provide meaningful opportunities for formerly incarcerated people to rejoin their communities.
Please see our website at https://impactjustice.org/ for more information.
The Job/Summary Position Description
The Office Manager is responsible for office management and general operations of Impact Justice and the Oakland office. This position ensures office systems, processes, reception and administration support work safely and smoothly, vendor relationships are managed, and urgent matters are dealt with in a timely manner. In addition, this role manages the Oakland office administrative staff and Events Coordinator. The Office Manager also builds productive working relationships with program and administrative staff across the organization and supports reporting and project assignments as needed.
- Ensure smooth day-to-day operations of Impact Justice and our Oakland office with minimal interruption
- Maintain supply inventories
- Resolve maintenance, comfort, technology, or security issues that arise
- Select, provide access to, and train staff on technology tools required for staff to do their work such as Zoom, Asana, Sli.do, Google Suite, Vonage, etc.
- Maintenance of both physical and digital file management and communications systems
- Provide basic IT support and act as primary contact with our IT consultant to resolve technology problems as they arise
- Manage both internal and external requests and ensure they are directed to the right person in the organization
- Provide instructions, and internal communications for security, team events and meetings, or other issues relevant to IJ staff
Administrative Staff Management:
- Manage a team of administrative staff who provide support to leadership staff and groups in the Oakland office
- Ensure coverage during office hours to greet visitors, answer and direct phone calls, and receive mail
- Assist administrative team with prioritization and guidance for the following:
- Calendar management, travel arrangements, expense reimbursement submissions
- Preparation of regularly scheduled and ad hoc reports
- Project work – i.e. website analytics, survey reporting, expense reporting
Cross Organizational Support:
- Onboarding and Offboarding support:
- Ensure new employees receive initial orientation to IJ systems, policies, office access, and order and set up computer hardware as needed
- Manage the Events Coordinator through the planning and delivery of the annual retreat, book events, and other events
- Participate in the planning for space to accommodate growth of the organization
- Assist with lease up and transition planning for IJ’s new building at 2930 Lakeshore
- Participate as a member of the IT Work Group
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive, solutions-oriented approach to problem solving
- Effective project and people management skills
- Organize and prioritize projects, tasks and processes
- Strong time management skills – ability to manage and prioritize projects / tasks / processes
- Ability to set and deliver to individual and team goals
- Proficiency with standard office technology / software and web applications
- A high degree of reliability and integrity, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- 3+ years of experience with office management / administration
Location: Oakland, CA
Work schedule: Full-time, at 40 hours per week.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits package, including medical, dental, FSA plans, and 401k
- Generous vacation and wellness leave
- Flexible work environment
We know there are great candidates who may not think they fit into what we’ve described above or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that is you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself!
To apply, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter explaining your qualifications, interest in the position and salary requirements to OperationsAssociateJob@impactjustice.org. Please have the subject line of the email read “[Your Last Name], [Your First Name] Application for Office Manager Position.” Application deadline is April 30 – Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. The anticipated start date for the position is May 7, 2019.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted within the month following the application deadline.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Impact Justice provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, criminal history, or disability. We work closely with communities of color, the lesbian, gay, bisexual, questioning, gender nonconforming, and transgender communities, the formerly incarcerated, and former foster youth. Those with lived experience in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.