About Impact Justice
Impact Justice is a national innovation and research center advancing new ideas and solutions for justice reform. We work to dramatically reduce the massive number of youth and adults in our justice system, improve conditions and outcomes for those who are incarcerated, and provide meaningful opportunities for formerly incarcerated people to rejoin their communities.
Please see our website at https://impactjustice.org/ for more information.
The Job/Summary Position Description
The National PREA Resource Center (PRC) is seeking an Office Coordinator / Administrative Associate to join our DC-based team. This position will be responsible for ensuring that DC office operations run smoothly. This includes, but is not limited to: general office management and clerical duties (such as ordering supplies, scheduling meetings, liaising with building management, office technology support, and updating and maintaining office policies); DC staff onboarding and offboarding; providing logistical support for travel, events, and trainings; and managing and administering various online systems.
This position will also support the PRC by providing administrative support to the PRC team. The PRC is a project of Impact Justice, funded through a cooperative agreement with the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), at the Department of Justice (DOJ). The PRC serves as the national source for training and technical assistance to assist adult and juvenile corrections, detention, law enforcement, and other professionals in their ongoing work to implement the National Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Standards and reduce sexual abuse in confinement settings. The PRC also supports the Department’s administration of the PREA audit process, including training the auditors that are certified by the Department of Justice to assess facility compliance with the PREA standards, and managing the systems those auditors use to assess facilities and report compliance findings. The successful candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, have strong communication skills, and be able to manage multiple moving pieces and tasks.
- Manages all DC office needs, including but not limited to: liaising with building management, maintaining supplies, mail collection and distribution, planning and implementing physical setup changes, hardware setup and maintenance, and coordinating staff meetings and internal events.
- Serves as liaison between the DC office and the Oakland IJ administrative team regarding DC office needs and to coordinate on organization-wide operations matters.
- Supports remote PRC staff supply and office needs.
- Assists with employee onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Provides administrative support and systems troubleshooting for various PRC systems and tools, and develops systems training guides for new systems as necessary.
- Periodically assists with event planning and logistical production for meetings, trainings, and events held in venues around the country, including but not limited to: researching event venues, preparing conference request forms, printing materials, and supporting logistical preparation.
- Supports facilitation of PRC webinars and other virtual meetings and events.
- Assists in data entry, verification, and manual clean-up of data submitted to and maintained in the PRC’s data systems.
- Supports biannual, project-wide reporting efforts.
- Manages form creation for various PRC projects.
- Supports PRC team members with travel arrangements, note-taking, or other administrative support activities as needed.
- High school Graduate/GED and three years of experience that has developed strong writing, organization, and communication skills. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated work history with progressive responsibility in tasks related to the job functions and some familiarity with the criminal justice system.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that support professional interactions with corrections, detention, and law enforcement personnel, as well as with DOJ-certified PREA auditors, member of DOJ’s PREA Management Office, and staff of the PRC.
- Positive, solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving.
- Strong personal time management skills and ability to manage and prioritize many tasks across multiple focus areas and working with multiple team members.
- Demonstrated track record of completed assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Proficiency in either Windows or Apple operating systems.
- Proficiency in Google docs and Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, etc).
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting salary range $45,000 – $47,000
- Generous benefits package, including medical, dental, FSA plans, and 401k
- Generous vacation and wellness leave
- Flexible work environment
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a current and relevant resume as well as a cover letter that addresses their specific suitability for the position. Application materials must be sent to DCOfficeAdmin@impactjustice.org. The deadline application is February 23, 2020.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Impact Justice provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, criminal history, or disability. We work closely with communities of color, the lesbian, gay, bisexual, questioning, gender nonconforming, and transgender communities, the formerly incarcerated, and former foster youth. Those with lived experience in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.