About Impact Justice
Impact Justice is a national innovation and research center advancing new ideas and solutions for justice reform. We work to dramatically reduce the massive number of youth and adults in our justice system, improve conditions and outcomes for those who are incarcerated, and provide meaningful opportunities for formerly incarcerated people to rejoin their communities.
Please see our website at https://impactjustice.org/ for more information.
About the National PREA Resource Center
The National PREA Resource Center (PRC) is a project of Impact Justice (IJ), funded through a cooperative agreement with the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), at the Department of Justice (DOJ). The PRC serves as the national source for training and technical assistance to assist adult and juvenile corrections, detention, law enforcement, and other professionals in their ongoing work to implement the National Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Standards and reduce sexual abuse in confinement settings. The PRC also supports the Department’s administration of the PREA audit process, including training the auditors that are certified by the Department of Justice to assess facility compliance with the PREA standards, and managing the systems those auditors use to assess facilities and report compliance findings.
The Job/Summary Position Description
The PRC is seeking two Administrative Associates to join our DC-based staff, though strong candidates in Boston, MA will also be considered. These new positions will be primarily responsible for the administration of the PREA Online Audit System (OAS), including audit initiations, technical support and other complex user interactions, content management, and functionality maintenance. This includes careful review of information received from OAS users and reconciliation of this information with existing records; follow-up phone calls to confirm identify and authorization to use the system; maintenance of detailed records of all interactions for each audit; ability to manage records in complementary databases and other systems; and provide support to senior programmatic and executive leadership to ensure the accuracy, security, and integrity of audit data. These positions require excellent attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment, and ability to use/learn multiple computer systems and applications, including the OAS, Salesforce, FormAssembly, and others as necessary.
- Monitor and process all OAS Audit Initiation submissions, including vetting users in adherence with established practice, initiating audits, and managing account set-up.
- Interact professionally with corrections, detention, and law enforcement personnel seeking to use the OAS, as well as with DOJ-certified PREA auditors, member of DOJ’s PREA Management Office, and staff of the PRC.
- Receive, triage, document and accurately respond to requests for technical support in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain and update user accounts in the OAS and in related case management systems or applications.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, including but not limited to, automating workflow steps, streamlining practices and procedures, and identifying efficiencies.
- Ensure organizational principles of data accuracy, integrity, and compliance with regulatory and security requirements.
- Assist senior staff with audit instrumentation support and training.
- Provide support to OAS Senior Project Manager and PRC team as needed.
High school Graduate/GED and three years of experience which has developed strong writing, organization, and communication skills. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated work history with progressive responsibility in tasks related to the job functions and some familiarity with the criminal justice system.
- Organization skills: the successful candidate must be highly organized and have excellent attention to detail. The intricate and complex nature of this position requires that the successful candidate demonstrate skill in consistency and precision.
- Communication skills: the successful candidate will be required to conduct, both verbally and in writing, professional interactions with corrections, detention, and law enforcement personnel using the OAS, as well as with DOJ-certified PREA auditors, member of DOJ’s PREA Management Office, and staff of the PRC.
- Problem-solving skills: the successful candidate will be able to troubleshoot and resolve user access issues, user error, and technical support questions in a calm, thoughtful, and timely manner.
- Strong computer skills and internet literacy.
- Proficiency in Google docs and Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, etc).
- Demonstrated knowledge (e.g., through appropriate certifications) of Salesforce and/or familiarity with open-source platforms (e.g., CiviCRM) is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check to obtain access to a federal information system.
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting salary range $45,000-$47,000
- Generous benefits package, including medical, dental, FSA plans, and 401k
- Generous vacation and wellness leave
- Flexible work environment
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a current and relevant resume as well as a cover letter that addresses their specific suitability for the position. Application materials must be sent to OAS_Admin@impactjustice.org. Please have the subject line of the email read “[Your Last Name], [Your First Name] Application for OAS Administrative Associate.” Application deadline is 10/13/2019. The anticipated start date for the position is 11/4/2019.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Impact Justice provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, criminal history, or disability. We work closely with communities of color, the lesbian, gay, bisexual, questioning, gender nonconforming, and transgender communities, the formerly incarcerated, and former foster youth. Those with lived experience in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.