About Impact Justice
Impact Justice is a national innovation and research center that is committed to reducing the number of people involved in our juvenile and adult criminal justice system, improving conditions for those who remain incarcerated, providing meaningful opportunities for success for those rejoining our communities, and improving justice outcomes for crime victims. Impact Justice is working with bipartisan support to reduce our nation’s over-reliance on incarceration, with research, evaluation, technical assistance, policy work, and the use of innovation and experimentation.
Please see our website at https://impactjustice.org/ for more information.
LeadOn is a 3-year pilot project, based in Los Angeles, designed to provide extended resources and opportunity to young adults who have been justice-involved. LeadOn participants are young adults who will likely have experienced justice system involvement, including confinement/incarcerations, arrest, detention, and or system contact, and will have demonstrated successful re-entry into their communities. At each placement site, LeadOn participants will provide their site with approximately 10 hours per week of work. Services may include administrative tasks, program-specific tasks, and other tasks depending on the specific needs of the organization.
The Job Summary/ Position Description
The program coordinator will work 25 hours per week and will be responsible for assisting with the functionality of the Los Angeles County LeadOn and California Justice Leaders programs. This position is located in Los Angeles, CA. The program coordinator will assist the program manager(s) and senior program manager with program planning and implementing, training, creating member handbooks, creating policies and protocols and procedures for aspects of this program, coordinating logistics for training, member timekeeping development and application, and working directly with participants. This position will assist with data collection and monitoring, help match members with placements sites, and provide member support and guidance.
- Group facilitation and public speaking
- Help develop and manage participant training calendar and timekeeping system
- Facilitate learning sessions with groups
- Provide supportive coaching when needed
- Assist in the organization of technical logistics and coordination, including but not limited to:
- large-scale events and convening (virtual and in person once safe to do so)
- cycles of course-based learning
- Gather, manage, and report data related to member and participant involvement, timekeeping, and progress (attendance, skill progress, reported well-being, etc.)
- Manage data collection case management system
- Build professional partnerships with host sites
- Work with consultants as needed
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience (program implementation, some case management, justice, and/or education-based programs)
- An orientation in the ethos of social justice, racial justice, community, and mutuality
- Experience working with system-impacted people and or vulnerable populations
- Experience with case management for career and/or education-based programs for participants
- Ability to work well independently and with a team
- Community, interpersonal, and intrapersonal skills
- Highly developed time management skills and acute attention to detail
- Database and/or Google suite experience
- Ability to organize information for individual members and participants, monitoring progress, and troubleshoot as needed
- Ability to work well with remote staff
- Experience working with case management and or data collection systems
- Have continued access to a vehicle with a valid and current driver’s license
- Willingness to learn quickly
- Orientation and belief that criminal justice involvement should not be an impediment to employment, career, and personal growth opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences
- Identify as justice-involved or system impacted
Los Angeles, CA
The salary range for this position is between $26,000-$ 28,000. Impact Justice offers a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, FSA plans, vacation, and 401k. Generous vacation and wellness leave and flexible work environment.
Submit your resume and optional cover letter to Leadon@impactjustice.org. The application will be open from October 13th – October 30th. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
*Note- cover letter is optional
Equal Opportunity Employment
Impact Justice provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, criminal history, or disability. We work closely with communities of color, the lesbian, gay, bisexual, questioning, gender non-conforming, and transgender communities, the formerly incarcerated, and former foster youth. Those with lived experience in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.