About Impact Justice
Impact Justice is a national innovation and research center that is committed to reducing the number of people involved in our juvenile and adult criminal justice system, improving conditions for those who remain incarcerated, providing meaningful opportunities for success for those rejoining our communities and improving justice outcomes for crime victims. Impact Justice is working with bipartisan support to reduce our nation’s over-reliance on incarceration, with research, evaluation, technical assistance, policy work and the use of innovation and experimentation.
Please see our website at https://impactjustice.org/ for more information.
About the Program
Lead On is a Los Angeles based program designed to provide extended resources and opportunity for Los Angeles County California Justice Leaders (CJL) members. Lead On, is not affiliated with AmeriCorps/California Volunteers. Lead On, is a program designed to provide resources, development and training to young adults who qualify as California Justice Leaders. Lead On members are young adults who will likely have experienced justice system involvement, inclusive confinement/incarcerations, arrest, detainment and or system contact and will have demonstrated successful re-entry into their communities. As their Lead On placement, each member will serve as a navigator for youth and young adults that have been recently released from Incarceration/confinement.
The Job/Summary Position Description
The program coordinator will be responsible for assisting with the Los Angeles based functionality of the Lead On program. This role is expected to take ownership in the programmatic development and compliance of the Lead On program. This position will be located in Los Angeles, CA. The program coordinator will assist the Los Angeles Regional Manager with planning and implementing of the Lead On program inclusive of creating member and staff hand books and coordinating programmatic logistics. This position will assist with data collection and monitoring of Lead On data input, match members with placements sites, providing member support and guidance. This position will disseminate and collect all members and placements site contracts and ensure sites and members are within compliance of applicable contract. This position will maintain accurate data and performance time monitoring; ensure service hours are recorded into database; monitor payment of stipend; and process travel expense claims. This position will also assist in member retention and the development of Lead On programming.
This position will report to the Los Angeles Regional Director.
- Group facilitation and public speaking
- Help develop the training calendar for members
- Facilitate learning sessions with groups
- Provide supportive coaching when needed
- Assist in the organization of technical logistics and coordination of events
- Gather, manage, and report data related to member and participant involvement and progress (attendance, skill progress, reported well-being, etc.)
- Manage data collection case management system
- Build professional partnerships with host sites
- Assist in the development of workforce training and program for members
The Program Coordinator will have at least 3 years of relevant work experience (program implementation, some case management, justice and/or education-based programs). Bachelors or Masters degree preferred but not required. Relevant job experience as equivalent.
- An orientation in the ethos of social justice, racial justice, community, and mutuality
- Experience working with system-impacted people and or vulnerable populations
- Experience with case management for career and/or education-based programs for participants
- Ability to work well independently and with a team
- Community, interpersonal and intrapersonal skills
- Highly developed time management skills and acute attention to detail
- Ability to organize information for individual members and participants, monitoring progress and troubleshoot as needed
- Ability to work well with remote staff
- Experience working with case management and or data collection systems
- Ability to pass a federal background check
- Have continued access to a vehicle with a valid and current driver’s license
- Orientation and belief that criminal justice involvement should not be an impediment to employment, career and personal growth opportunities.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits package, including medical, dental, FSA plans, and 401k
- Generous vacation and wellness leave
- Flexible work environment
Along with your resume, please feel free to submit a cover letter (welcome, though optional).
Send the required materials to LOP_Coordinator@impactjustice.org. Please have the subject line of the email read “[Your Last Name], [Your First Name] Application for Lead On Program Coordinator.” Application deadline is Friday, 10/11/19. The anticipated start date for the position is Monday, 11/4/19.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Impact Justice provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, criminal history, or disability. We work closely with communities of color, the lesbian, gay, bisexual, questioning, gender nonconforming, and transgender communities, the formerly incarcerated, and former foster youth. Those with lived experience in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.