About Impact Justice
Impact Justice is a national innovation and research center that is committed to reducing the number of people involved in our juvenile and adult criminal justice system, improving conditions for those who remain incarcerated, providing meaningful opportunities for success for those rejoining our communities and improving justice outcomes for crime victims. Impact Justice is working with bipartisan support to reduce our nation’s over-reliance on incarceration, with research, evaluations, technical assistance, policy work and the use of innovation and experimentation.
The Job/Summary Position Description
Impact Justice is seeking a Finance Associate to join our rapidly growing organization. This new position will provide program management and executives with the analysis and information they need to make programmatic, financial, and strategic decisions. This includes budget development for pipeline funding proposals as well as budget maintenance for current awards. Budget monitoring will include YTD actual expenditure reporting and detailed analysis of spending trends, projections and forecasts in relation to pre-approved budgets. This position requires strong working knowledge of the federal cost principles and relevant federal guidelines for budget management and actual expenditure compliance.
- Develop budget projections, monitoring budgets for programs from multiple funding sources
- Prepare and report monthly and quarterly results, comparing actuals to budget / forecast and any other variance analysis as needed
- Develop and maintain forecast models to help the organization manage risk and uncertainty
- Build partnerships with program managers to understand drivers, trends, opportunities, and to share insights and recommendations
- Answer business questions succinctly through data analysis
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, including but not limited to, automating financial updates and reporting and building in checks to existing financial models
- Partner with accounting develop accurate coding of expenditures for grant reimbursements, and the capture of program and grant expenditures
- Prepare monthly reimbursement billing documents for contract-based awards, including external communication with grantors to track AR
- Provide financial strategy recommendations based on grant provisions, OMB uniform guidance and federal / government financial guidelines where applicable
- Provide analysis of financial information to assist programmatic staff in strategic decision making in line with program and organization goals and development, including assessing risk and providing recommendations for managing and mitigating risk
- Enforce organizational principles of integrity and compliance
- Recommend changes to financial practices, policies, and procedures as they relate to budgeting and financial forecasting
- Support assigned programs in managing grant budget and fiscal-related issues such as ensuring compliance and timely submission and processing of grant expenditure paperwork
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field, and/or three years of experience in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ideal candidates have some familiarity with federal reporting, and federal regulations including experience with OMB uniform guidance and single audits, as well as GAAP.
- Experience preparing budgets and performing budget analysis, including multi-year projections, developing and administering budgets, and monitoring / reconciling budgets against actual expenditures
- Ability to analyze budgetary data using variance analysis, and other financial performance tools and make accurate projections requiring inference
- Experience in advanced spreadsheet use and visual presentation of budgetary and program management data and information
- Demonstrated knowledge of grants and contracts / contract management
- Proficiency in Google docs and Excel required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
Compensation and Benefits
- $55,000 – $60,000
- Generous benefits package, including medical, dental, FSA plans, and 401k
- Generous vacation and wellness leave
- Flexible work environment
How to Apply
Along with your resume, please feel free to submit a cover letter (welcome, though optional) to FAjob@impactjustice.org.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Impact Justice provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, criminal history, or disability. We work closely with communities of color, the lesbian, gay, bisexual, questioning, gender nonconforming, and transgender communities, the formerly incarcerated, and former foster youth. Those with lived experience in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.