About Impact Justice
Impact Justice is a national innovation and research center advancing new ideas and solutions for justice reform. We work to dramatically reduce the massive number of youth and adults in our justice system, improve conditions and outcomes for those who are incarcerated, and provide meaningful opportunities for formerly incarcerated people to rejoin their communities.
Please see our website at https://impactjustice.org/ for more information.
The Job/Summary Position Description
Impact Justice seeks a full-time team member to serve as both Executive Associate to Alex Busansky, President of Impact Justice, and to help assist with the HR function at Impact Justice. This person will have the twin responsibilities of focusing on Human Resources operations support and supporting the President in the scheduling and planning of his calendar and tasks. In practice, this means the Executive & HR Associate is a multi-functional task doer and problem-solver, providing comprehensive support to the President, HR Manager and administrative team. This role requires considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgement.
In the performance of their respective tasks and responsibilities, all Impact Justice employees are expected to adhere to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, partner agencies, and the communities we support.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Core Responsibilities of Role
- Provide calendar management for the President by planning and scheduling meetings, booking conference rooms and phone lines
- Prepare board packets, attend board or similar meetings to take, transcribe and distribute minutes
- Review and route email correspondence; occasionally drafting responses
- Manage expense reporting for the President
- Conduct basic accounting support tasks in collaboration with the Impact Justice Finance Team
- Draft memos, emails and documents related to justice reform initiatives
- Maintain both physical and digital file management and communications systems
- Develop and utilize filing and retrieval systems
- Assist in the development and maintenance of procedures and templates
- Provide HR Manager with benefits administration support by working on the company leaves of absences, workers compensation, general benefit enrollment as well as all company wide wellness program efforts. Assist in all other areas of the benefits department as deemed necessary.
- (Note: We will provide hands-on training for this aspect of the role.)
- Perform online research and writing tasks
- Minimum of 2+ years experience as an assistant to senior management and/or HR experience
- Strong listening and communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Positive, solutions-oriented approach to problem solving
- Strong personal time management skills – ability to manage and prioritize many tasks across multiple projects
- Exceptional reliability and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated track record of getting work completed in a timely and efficient manner
- High proficiency in either Windows or Mac operating systems
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- Thrive in a changing, dynamic environment, occasionally with immediate and unexpected deadlines
- Research and analysis experience
- Bachelor’s Degree/AA Degree and/or relevant experience or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated interest in criminal and social justice work
- Direct experience with the criminal legal or juvenile legal systems
- Good sense of humor!
Location: Oakland, CA
Work schedule: Full-time position at 40-hours per week.
Compensation and Benefits
- $55k – $65k; Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits package, including medical, dental, FSA plans, and 401k
- Generous vacation and wellness leave
- Flexible work environment
To apply, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter explaining your qualifications and interest in the position to ExecHRAssociate@impactjustice.org. Please have the subject line of the email read “[Your Last Name], [Your First Name] Application for Executive & Human Resources Associate.” Application deadline is Wednesday, 11/27/19. The anticipated start date for the position is Monday, 12/16/2019.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted in no more than one month following the application deadline.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Impact Justice provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, criminal history, or disability. We work closely with communities of color, the lesbian, gay, bisexual, questioning, gender nonconforming, and transgender communities, the formerly incarcerated, and former foster youth. Those with lived experience in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.