Impact Justice seeks a full-time Data Entry and Accounts Payable Specialist. Under supervision, the position will be responsible for accomplishing challenging clerical work that will require the exercise of considerable initiative, judgement, and attention to detail within the framework of Impact Justice policies. This position may also support or contribute to other organization-wide projects and initiatives.
The Data Entry/Accounts Payable Specialist will report to the Associate Director of Finance. In the performance of their respective tasks and responsibilities all Impact Justice employees are expected to adhere to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, partner agencies, and the communities we support.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Monitor receipt of all invoices
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
Vendor Management & Contract Tracking:
- Answer all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements/invoices, research and correct discrepancies
- Charge expenses to proper accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports, purchase orders, and/or inquiring directly with the purchaser
General Accounting & Data Entry:
- Assist in month-end closing procedures
- Reconcile credit card entries and expense reimbursements
- Prepare journal entries with proper coding and expense centers
- Maintenance of accurate filing and record-keeping
Basic Applicant Qualifications
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear, concise, and well-organized manner; relative independence (with some oversight) in vendor communication via email or phone
- Ability to complete a variety of tasks in a timely and efficient manner, managing multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail: thoroughness in completing tasks through concern for all areas, monitoring and checking work to ensure accuracy
- Problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic and team mentality
- Proficiency in either Windows or Mac operating systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- Thrive in a changing, dynamic environment, occasionally with immediate and unexpected deadlines
Additional Preferred Applicant Qualifications
- Understanding of federal guidelines relating to allowable cost (preferred)
- 1-2 years experience in an accounts payable or data entry role (preferred)
- Interest in criminal and social justice work
Location: Oakland, CA
Work schedule: Full-time position, at 40 hours per week.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits package, including medical, dental, flex plan, and 401k
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- Flexible work environment and schedule
To apply, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter explaining your qualifications, interest in the position and salary requirements to DataAPSpecialist@impactjustice.org. Please have the subject line of the email read “[Your Last Name], [Your First Name] Application for IJ Data/AP Specialist Position.” Application deadline is Monday, 4/1/2019, midnight Pacific time. The anticipated start date for the position is Mon. 5/6/19.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted within the month following the application deadline.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Impact Justice provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, criminal history, disability or genetics. We strongly encourage people of color, individuals who identify as part of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or queer communities, and individuals with experience in the criminal justice system to apply.