About Impact Justice
Impact Justice is a non-profit innovation and research center committed to reducing the number of people involved in our criminal justice system, improving conditions for those who remain incarcerated, providing meaningful opportunities for successful re-entry, and attending to crime victims’ needs. Home to some of the foremost leaders in juvenile justice, violence prevention, research and evaluation, restorative justice, and youth development, Impact Justice provides an array of technical assistance to criminal justice and community stakeholders.
Please see our website at https://impactjustice.org/ for more information.
Impact Justice seeks a full-time team member to serve as both administrative assistant to Alex Busansky, President of Impact Justice, and to help assist with other administrative projects and team members as needed. The AA will have the twin responsibilities of focusing on our general operations support and supporting the President in the scheduling and planning of his calendar and tasks. In practice, this means the AA is a multi-functional task doer and problem-solver, providing comprehensive support to the President and administrative team.
The AA will report to the President. In the performance of their respective tasks and responsibilities all Impact Justice employees are expected to adhere to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, partner agencies, and the communities we support
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
- Calendar management for President by planning and scheduling meetings, booking conference rooms and phone lines
- Reviewing and routing email correspondence; occasionally drafting responses
- Assistance with expense reporting for the President
- Travel logistics coordination in collaboration with the Impact Justice Travel Agent
- Basic accounting support tasks in collaboration with the Impact Justice Finance Team
- Printing, copying, and scanning documents as needed for the internal Restorative Justice Project resource database and as required by the terms of the Director’s contracted speaking engagements
- Basic online research and writing tasks
- Drafting possible memos, emails and documents
- Maintenance of both physical and digital file management and communications systems
- Basic IT support and interface with IT Consultant to resolve problems as they arise
- Developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; documenting meeting discussions
- Assist in the development and maintenance of procedures and templates
- Other tasks as assigned
Basic Applicant Qualifications
- Strong listening and communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Positive, solutions-oriented approach to problem solving
- Strong personal time management skills – ability to manage and prioritize many tasks across multiple projects
- Exceptional reliability and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated track record of getting work completed in timely and efficient manner
- Bachelor’s Degree/AA Degree and/or relevant experience or equivalent experience
- High proficiency in either Windows or Mac operating systems
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- Thrive in a changing, dynamic environment, occasionally with immediate and unexpected deadlines
Additional Preferred Applicant Qualifications
- Research and analysis experience
- Demonstrated interest in criminal and social justice work
- Direct experience with the criminal legal or juvenile legal systems
Special Position Requirements
This position requires occasional travel.
Location: Oakland, CA
Work schedule: Full-time position, at 40 hours per week
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits package, including medical, dental, flex plan, and 401k
- Generous vacation and sick leave
Equal Opportunity Employment
Impact Justice provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, criminal history, disability or genetics. We strongly encourage people of color, individuals who identify as part of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or queer communities, and individuals with experience in the criminal justice system to apply.
Please submit the following to ExecAdminAssistant@impactjustice.org by 02/08/2019.
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Writing sample
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted within the month following the application deadline.