About Impact Justice
Impact Justice is a national innovation and research center that is committed to reducing the number of people involved in our juvenile and adult criminal justice system, improving conditions for those who remain incarcerated, providing meaningful opportunities for success for those rejoining our communities and improving justice outcomes for crime victims. Impact Justice is working with bipartisan support to reduce our nation’s over-reliance on incarceration, with research, evaluations, technical assistance, policy work and the use of innovation and experimentation.
Please see our website at https://impactjustice.org/ for more information.
The Job/Summary Position Description
We are seeking an Accounting Associate on a contract basis. The Accounting Associate is a hands-on role reporting to the Director of Finance. This role is responsible for payroll processing, accounts payable, corporate credit card processing, and employee expense reimbursements. A major emphasis of this position is to allocate expenditures for a multitude of federal, state, local and foundation grants. Additional duties include month end general ledger reconciliations and close support. This a full-time, exempt role based in Oakland, CA or Washington, DC that is currently fully remote due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Process payroll semi-monthly for 75-115 employees and AmeriCorps members
- Reconcile payroll reports for entry into the accounting system
- Resolve payroll discrepancies
- Accurately process and distribute all payables ensuring appropriate documentation, approvals, and program / funding / general ledger coding
- Manage CashPro interface with NetSuite
- Track and resolve outstanding accounts payable issues, reconcile vendor statements
- Maintain complete accounts payable files
- Enter new or update vendor names and data in appropriate systems, ensure W-9s are on file as required, process annual 1099 statements
- Coordinate credit card statement processing, review for accuracy, ensuring appropriate documentation, and program / funding / general ledger coding
- Reconcile multiple bank accounts monthly
- Generate journal entries for monthly close
- Prepare materials for annual external audit process
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles, OMB uniform guidance, and other funder requirements
Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 2 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiar with government online systems, federal reporting, OMB uniform guidance as well as OMB single audits. Other desired qualifications:
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Experience with financial systems (NetSuite a plus), Google Workplace, and Excel required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required
Proposed salary: $62,000
If this all sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume and a brief email or letter explaining why you are particularly interested in the role and why we should be particularly interested in you! You can send this to AcctAssociate@impactjustice. org. Please have the subject line of the email read “[Your Last Name], [Your First Name] Application for Accounting Associate.